photo q1_zpscd9da648.png  photo dot_zpsb8876eec.png  photo q2_zps95da3dae.png  photo dot_zpsb8876eec.png  photo q3_zps747c53f9.png  photo dot_zpsb8876eec.png  photo q6_zps32c3ba5d.png  photo dot_zpsb8876eec.png  photo q4_zpse6214d9c.png  photo dot_zpsb8876eec.png  photo q5_zps8a7bdd1d.png

Thursday 13 February 2014

Valentine's Pillow



Can someone tell me what happened to the last couple of weeks?? They have just flown by, and Valentine's Day is tomorrow--I'm not prepared at all!! After the insane Christmas sewing rush, I decided I wasn't going to get behind on holiday sewing ever again, but it happened anyway. I had big plans to make pretty bunting, lots of pillows, and finish my Xs and +s quilt, but the only thing that actually got done for V-day was this pillow. I like it (I think) but it's too plain and I don't know what I could've done to improve it. Any ideas?

If you are looking for some really good Valentine's inspiration you should check out Audrey's Valentine Mini Quilt tutorial at Strawberry Island Studio!! It's the sweetest little quilt and would be so cute as a table topper, wall hanging, or baby quilt. I think I'm going to use it to make my pillow for next year.

Anyway, I hope everyone's Valentine's Day is filled with lots of love and sewing.


6 comments:

  1. Oh, I really like the key. Particularly with the loopy quilting. I guess if you wanted to add a little something something you could embroider something on there... I don't know that it needs it though :-)
    E xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. The key is cute. Maybe paired with a heart pillow, or is that too cheesy?

    And I'm the same way. I tell myself I won't get behind, and then I inevitably do. Then I'm quilting Halloween quilts in March (on the list for next month) and Christmas quilts in June. It's how I roll, I guess.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks so much Cristina! :) Love your pillow, so cute! And your quilting is fantastic!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Is there a pattern for the adorable key? My daughter wants me to make her a t-shirt quilt and Mom wants to put a little punch in it and, if she says, no, then I want to put them on the back. It will be a college sorority t-shirt quilt. I did a x-stitch and make her a pillow - she gave it away. I found another x-stitch of it I had done. So, I want to incorporate it - it's a whimsical of her letters. The key is one of their emblems, so that would make a great block. I'm trying to figure out what to do for the iris, maybe embroidery. I love the key to the heart. Thanks for sharing. I could probably figure this out - it's always easier if someone else has done the math (yes, I was a math major).

    ReplyDelete
  5. Awe so cute!!! and don't be too hard on yourself! You work a full time job, a wife and are a Mom to 3 busy growing kiddos!!! I'm amazed you can sew at all! I remember when I was little Moms sewing machine was in the living room so she could be where we were and later it moved to the dining room.... and remember this.. welcome to the race, your human! XO Happy Valentines Day!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Totally awesome. I love the story about London.

    ReplyDelete

I love and appreciate all comments, and will respond to you as soon as I can:) If you are a no-reply blogger, please leave an email address so I can write you back.

XOXO Cristina